Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Men Are Like A Box Of Crayons. Pick one.

My benefactress, an heiress to a major Hotel chain, and I were welcomed onboard the Prime Minister's Yacht by a tall man in a white tuxedo. As we checked our coats and entered the living quarters, an interesting conversation was underway. The debate centered around the fundamental differences between the genders. I was amused as I listened to societies elite argue about the complications of romantic love. Naturally, I was tuning into what the women were saying as they voiced their frustrations. Back and forth the battle raged on.
"The usual, sir?" asked a familiar waiter as my companion and I took a seat among the group.
"Yes, please. And bring a glass for the lady."
"Very well." he said in a distinct British accent.
My desire was to remain inconspicuous and enjoy the proceedings, but suddenly the
Prime Minister's wife noticed my presence and immediately dragged me into the discussion.
"Ah, Vincent, it's so nice for you to join us! Maybe you could offer insight on why men insist on making things difficult? If only they would pay more attention to detail, things would be so much easier."
I looked around, all eyes were on me.
"Easier for who?..." I thought as I twirled my wine in its glass. I sipped, took a deep breath and proceeded.
"Men do not see the color Chartreuse."
"Pardon me?  said the wife. "We were discussing relationships. I fail to see how a color pertains to the topic at hand."
"I understand. Allow me a moment to clarify." I retorted.
"You originally stated that men did not pay much attention to details, correct?"
She nodded her head in agreement.
"Well, that's where you are wrong. If the small details of a relationship were represented by colors. Men would see red, blue, purple, green, or yellow. These colors represent logical simplicity. Men paint their worlds and describe their emotions through basic primary colors.  Women want us to visualize emotional colors like fuchsia, maroon, teal, magenta, aqua or salmon. Those are the complex color combinations that shade the landscape of a woman's existence. Most men are not being difficult on purpose, they are just wired differently. In a nutshell, men are relatively simple. You want us to be a lot more complex than we really are."
"That's a very interesting analogy. You've just likened men to a basic box of crayons."
"Basically."
"No wonder you all behave like children. she laughed. "It cannot be that easy." she huffed in mock exasperation.
"Only because you choose to make it difficult."
Point To Ponder: Focus more on the color, not the shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment