Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Shallow and Single...

If beauty is skin deep and ugly to the bone, then there are a lot of skeletons walking around. The sooner you admit to yourself that your lover is ugly, the easier life will become for you.  There will no longer be a need to squint at your partner when looking them in the eyes. I know the harsh reality. To imagine your loving, hardworking, devoted and intelligent life partner mercilessly beaten by the ugly stick is beyond comprehension, but look at him. There's no denying it happened. Well, what are you going to do? I have a regular client who looks like she chews cactus, but she is one of the sweetest women in the world. Every time she calls to schedule an appointment with me, my insides ball up like aluminum foil. (It's amazing, though, what a net worth of fifteen million dollars can negotiate.) In spite of it all, we always manage to have a great time. I imagine that some of you can relate to my predicament. Inner substance over outer beauty should be our preference, but I'm just not there yet. If only she were a charming cloud of smoke floating around in midair she'd be perfect! If only I weren't so shallow. Oh, well,  I'm not. I guess some of us are just destined to grow old alone.
Point To Ponder: The  grass is green on your side, you just have to wear shades to look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment