Search This Blog

Sunday, December 5, 2010

1+1= Eleven (change your mindset)

I was vacationing at my beachfront villa sipping a glass of Moscato when I received a phone call.
"Do you have a few minutes?" she inquired.
"A few..." I replied.
This woman was in a relationship with the man of her dreams. Even though he was ALL THAT she was still experiencing major irritation.
"I believe in giving 50/50 to a relationship and so does he, but no matter how much we give, it doesn't seem to be enough."
This one was easy.
 "The problem is your relationship is at half capacity." I said.
"A lot of people believe 50/50 is a whole, but in a relationship, its only half."
There was silence on the other end of the phone, so I continued.
"Successful relationships require 200%. Both parties must give 100% each. 50% participation creates an opening for distractions."
"Wow, intriguing concept. I've never heard that before... How can I ever repay you?"
"Cash will be fine, I have your card on file." I said as I closed my phone. Another day another dollar.

Remember the rule: Its hard to win if you're only half in.

No comments:

Post a Comment